The UK’s terror threat level is being raised from “substantial” to “severe” in response to conflicts in Iraq and Syria, Home Secretary Theresa May says
Now is the time for all businesses to assess their exposure to acts of terrorism. Standard terrorism cover under conventional insurance policies is limited on all sections (generally to £100,000), will your business survive and cope following a claim caused by terrorist activities.
Top up terrorism insurance cover can be separately purchased for less than you think.
Don’t just consider the direct and obvious losses arising from the physical damage caused by terrorism, but think about the business interruption aspect:
- Will access to your property, building or factory be affected ?
- Will your supply chain be affected ?
- Will your sales chain and pipeline revenues be affected ?
- Do you have a business continuity plan ?
- Do your key staff know what to do in the event of a terrorist loss occurring ?
Don’t wait until it’s too late to consider full terrorism cover